Organic food is an ever-increasing market and enjoys popularity from all over the world. Have you joined in on the organic food Hong Kong trend yet?
Why do many people prefer to eat organic food in Hong Kong?
According to market research conducted by the Hong Kong Organic Resource Centre, more and more people in Hong Kong are looking for high-quality organic food stores, online or offline, to buy organic food products. In fact, during recent years, there is a growing trend of consumers in Hong Kong who like to look for organic food stores with the obvious behavior pattern to shop for organic products.
With the continuous increase in organic food sales, regulations concerning organic food in Hong Kong have become stricter in its testing. Consumers generally believe that organic food has higher nutritional value than ordinary crops and is more worthwhile to regularly consume. Hong Kong people have now begun to pay attention to health issues, environmental protection issues, and so this has contributed to making organic food in Hong Kong, as well as shops that sell these products, evermore popular. There has also been a recent increase in the number of organic food stores, online or offline, in Hong Kong.
Definition of organic food
Organic food is produced and processed without the use of any pesticides, fertilizers, antibiotics, genetically modified organisms, growth hormones or other artificial methods or processes. Only natural food without additives can be labelled as organic food in Hong Kong. In addition, there are also other organic products around the world, such as organic cosmetics and textile shops.
The emergence of various organic products, and the undoubtedly rising popularity of organic food stores in Hong Kong and abroad, has definitely proved that modern people do have a demand for organic products. Organic food in Hong Kong promotes a kind of green cycle. Purely natural, additive-free organic food is produced in a place that is not polluted for human consumption without harming the human health. Going organic not only concerns a choice of food but is also a higher pursuit of collective wellbeing.
How to verify certification of organic food in Hong Kong
In addition to focusing on the preferences of one’s diet, the healthiness and its nutritional value are also very important to a consumer. When concerning organic food in Hong Kong, how can we know if the products from organic food stores are really organic? Which can be especially tricky when browsing on an online shop.
To be qualified as an organic product, in addition to its own organic growth process, we can only use organic certification to distinguish its authenticity. On labels found on such products, there will be an official organic label, while there will also be a badge of the certifying agency. These two badges can be used to prove authenticity at organic food stores, even if they are an online shop.
The EU certification method:
The organic ingredients in the food exceed 95%, and the LOGO indicates that it is grown in EU member states.
The US Department of Agriculture certification method:
1) 100% Organic: 100% identification of organic ingredients, all ingredients inside are considered organic.
2) Organic: Organic ingredients in food exceed 95%.
3) The organic ingredients of a product which is less than 70% can only be marked as food containing organic ingredients, therefore not entirely organic, and the word “Organic” cannot be written on the packaging paper.
Benefits of eating organic food?
1. Eating more organic food in Hong Kong is good for your health. Traditional, artificial planting processes will create/involve a lot of harmful ingredients that are harmful to humans and may even be contaminated by mycotoxins or microorganisms. The additives will be present even after the cooking process, and the human body will inevitably consume it.
2. Organic food in Hong Kong grows naturally and tastes better. Products found at organic food stores are typically rich in iron, calcium and vitamin C. Organic foods that have not been contaminated can retain their natural ingredients as well as their natural taste.
3. Eating organic food in Hong Kong contributes to the sustainable development of the ecological environment. Organic food stores selling certified products bring pollution-free and safe food. The products have a higher quality and nutritional characteristics, and also protects the soil from pollutants.
4. Shopping and consuming organic food in Hong Kong can effectively control your body weight because it does not contain any carbohydrates and will not cause any unnecessary weight gains due to the use of preservatives.
Types of organic food in Hong Kong
1. Organic food in Hong Kong is mostly agricultural products, such as organic vegetables and fruits. These organic products can be bought directly and cleaned before being cooked.
2. Organic fish, meat refers to those that are produced by the animals that eat natural food, do not eat any genetically modified feed, and do not contain any hormones.
3. Organic beverages have also been a hot seller for Hong Kong organic food stores this year. For example, organic dairy products are produced in a safe, organic way with milk from cows that eat grass that was grown with organic fertilizers. Organic juices, on the other hand, are made from fruit that are grown organically.
Recommended Hong Kong organic food stores
O'FARM Organic Store is a local natural retail store in Hong Kong. It has always insisted on selling only healthy and quality organic products. It has both healthy products and daily necessities. It is a well-known local organic food store. It has been strict in its practices since its opening in 2006, only choosing to sell the safest organic food in Hong Kong.
You can also go directly to our Mango Organic Food Store page for a large variety of organic food in Hong Kong, all carefully selected by our online shop for your choosing.